Monday, May 14, 2018

Review: Kids Email Safe Email for Kids

Kids Email
When I was growing up parents didn't have to worry so much about their children having pen pals or writing friends that moved away. We had to take the time to write the letter, stamp it and get it in the box. There seemed to always be thought and purpose in those actions. Today with all the technology it's so easy to write something that isn't nice or click on sites to see things we shouldn't. Those of us that grew up without technology find it harder and harder to know how to help shield our kids from things they shouldn't see. Issac recently turned 11 and of course because he has older siblings he's thought for several years that he should have what they have. The thought of him having his own email has been being tossed around recently.  When I saw what was offered with Kids Email Safe Email for Kids I was excited to check it out.  Kids Email has given parents a peace of mind with the product they have produced.  
Setting up the account was very quick and easy. It was a matter of adding a child and then basically choosing which safety items I wanted for his account. After I set up Issac's account I thought he would enjoy being part of the process. The child is able to chose their themed background, so he sat down to see the choices. There were a few he liked and I think with kids it's huge when they can customize the products.  


He chose the cars and immediately wanted to send emails to people. I had only put family on his approved list, but he was fine with that. He sent very short emails to my husband, his sister, his grandmother and myself. I didn't bother to share with him that I would be receiving copies of these emails as he wrote them. I didn't expect that he would write something inappropriate, but liked the idea of him not knowing :) That's just one of the many great features.  My son only used our desktop computer, but if he were using other devices I could put time limits on the usage. You can ground your child which is something I thought was great. When Issac misbehaves about the only thing he cares to lose are his screen privileges. This lets you know they are sneaking when you aren't home or at night and trying to email! Another biggie for me was the no ads. I think the ads are the problem a large amount of the time. Things are advertises to attract children's attention and it doesn't always take them to sites that they think they are going to.





There are also different options for younger and older kids. The email can be changed a bit for teenagers, so it doesn't seem like a "kid" email to their friends. Teenagers never want others to know that their parents are watching over them or restricting them in an way and this takes care of those fears. It's a great way for younger kids and teenagers to have their own email and the parents can still feel like they are able to monitor.  

Here are a few quick shots of the emails that I get when he's sending/receiving an email. He started emailing my mom and I was really excited about that. It helps extend their relationship while helping him with his writing and typing skills. It's also a nice little "treat" for my mom to see an email in HER inbox from him.  






As the parent I have complete control over what my son is doing and I like that for him at this age. As he gets older I can adjust those controls and that helps him learn to manage himself and his behavior. It's nice to be able to log in at any time and see what he's been doing. The activity log shows everything going in and out. 


Kids Email
Kids Email has truly given parents a great product and is helping us navigate this technological world that we experience as kids.   Kids Email Safe Email for Kids is also very reasonably priced. I usually try to search out products that are free or inexpensive and this is one of those I really think is great. 



Kids Email started back in 2009 and has been helping families navigate the world of email since. Some of our crew are reviewing them for a second time, so I'm sure they have some great advice on how to use this program.  



Safe Email for Kids {Kids Email Reviews}

2 comments:

  1. I love all the safety features! I will have to keep this product in mind once Jack is reading and writing better.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...