Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thankful Tuesday 1/23/2018

Thankful Tuesday

Today I'm thankful for opportunities that my kids have in life. When I was growing up there were lots of things I wanted to do, but wasn't always able to do. When your raised in a single income family there are difficult choices that need to be made. Fun trips aren't always at the top of the list when there are things like electric bills to be paid. I was blessed as a kid to be great friends with someone that often took me on vacation with her family.  Her parents were separated and she often took a vacation with each parent. I was invited on those trips more often than not. Without that friend in my life I wouldn't have been to most of the places I visited during middle and high school.  

My children have been blessed with friends like those. They are invited on trips and to places that they wouldn't otherwise be able to go visit.  Life isn't all about the money or the places you go rather than experiences you get to have.  I don't really have memories of fancy places on those trips, but more of the fun time and laughter that we had. I'm hoping my kids have those same memories when they get to be my age :)


2 comments:

  1. It really is amazing the opportunities that our children have! I am so excited that Brianna is going on this trip with her friend. She is going to have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...