Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Thankful Tuesday 1/16/2018

Today was a good day here at the house.  I actually had lots of things that I could think of to be thankful for today. This may seem strange, but today I chose balloons (LOL) My kids can have the most fun with a $1.00 pack of balloons. The other evening I picked up a few things at Family Dollar to have on hand to do a few little activities with Issac. His therapist made coping balls with him a few weeks ago. They rolled tiny balls of playdough and dropped them into balloons. They then tied them and you could squeeze on them if you were upset. He misplaced his, so I decided today we'd make a few more. He was actually having a rough moment and making these took his mine off it and basically reset him. You could easily fill these with rice or sand as well. I like the playdough because it's a firmer texture and won't make a mess like some of the other items could.

From there Issac started blowing up balloons and we hit them back and forth.  He also blew them up and just let the air blow back in his face. Something so simple, but could make an afternoon so enjoyable :) It may seem strange to some, but today I am thankful for balloons :)







5 comments:

  1. Jack made one of these years ago with Rachel, but they filled it with flour. He absolutely loved it! I am so happy you found something that he loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brianna made one once and it burst the first time she squeezed it. The contents went all over her (LOL)

      Delete
    2. Bahahaha, that must have been such a mess!

      Delete
  2. My girls made these and sold them for Christmas spending money. They were filled with flour and double-ballooned. It was such a nice tension ball! My husband sold one to a co-worker, and he enjoyed squeezing it as they had their meetings.

    ...until the balloon burst. That was a mess! Playdough would have been such a better idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balloon bursting isn't fun (LOL) The playdough has a great texture/feel for sure :)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...