Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Thankful Tuesday~6/13/17

Today I'm thankful for our Lee Co. 4-H Extension Office.  They are so wonderful with the kids and offer a variety of things to do.  When I was growing up 4-H was basically taking care of animals and then going to the fair with them.  At least that's all I ever heard them being :) My kids were introduced a few years ago from friends that were taking over a local homeschool group.  My kids enjoyed the time with friends, the trips, the service projects, the games, etc.  This year the middle and youngest did their first presentation. I wasn't worried about the middle because she seems born to speak in front of others! The youngest I just wasn't sure about.  He told me what he wanted to talk about and I wrote it down for him.  He practice, but honestly not enough in my opinion. That night I had planned to take pictures and video, but he decided at the last minute that he didn't want me to. He got up there, hit most of his points while looking right out at us! He missed talking about one section, but still made his time and that made him happy.  They thought he did a great job of not looking at his notes, so I was really happy about that.

Another things he really enjoys are the summer camps.  For the last 3 or 4 years he's gone to 2 camps each summer. They are usually 4 days long for about 3 hours each day.  This week he's in horticulture camp and he loves it. Yesterday they planted hydroponics lettuce as well as lettuce in a regular pot.  Today they talked about pollinators.  This is one of his favorite camps because they go to a local park for a field trip on the last day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...