Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week Ending 3/11/2017

This week has been a crazy week! I went out of town on Monday to be with my mom while she had a minor procedure on Tuesday. I thought it would be a great opportunity to spend some time with her. When she comes here or we go there we just seem to miss the chance to have time alone.  I wrote detailed lists of what needed to be done for school while I was gone as well as appointments and classes. I came home on Friday to find most of that not done!  When I questioned my husband he informed me it had been a BUSY week!! I laughed and told him welcome to my world:)

Issac ended up with an ear infection and had to go to the doctor, so he didn't quite feel up to doing any work the first two days I was gone. The kids got some work done, but of course not what I would have liked :) I've learned and try to remind myself that's just the way it is some weeks.

We have lots going on this week, so I'm not sure there will be much catching up :( I've got two reviews I'm working on for this week.  One is from Home School Adventure Co. and the other from Susan K. Marlow-The Circle C Stepping Stones books.  Super excited to get these done and posted. The kids have their 4-H Achieve Banquet tomorrow evening. Brianna is suppose to go volunteer in the morning, but we also need to help set the tables for the banquet.  There is also the usual Gavel Club and karate and hopefully nothing else this week :)




I'm in the middle of a PILE of books that I'm working through.  Just received Cimarron Creek Trilogy A Stolen Heart in the mail yesterday to read and review. Can't wait to get started on that book :) I'm also currently reading: Reflections of a Warrior that the kid's sensei lent me.  My mom sent me home with Everybody's Got Something. I had started Right-Brained Children in a Left-Brained World from the library last week. Issac and I are also working through Shepherd, Potter, Spy and the Star Namer which is a book we are currently reviewing.  So many books and not enough time :)

We woke up this morning to a small sprinkling of snow. I would have LOVED more, but just seeing a little still makes my heart warm. I love the snow and every year I'm disappointed that we don't get more. Today Issac told me there wasn't enough to play. I told him that sometimes happen and we need to just enjoy the beauty of what we have. Those words could extend to so many other parts of life, but we'll leave that for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...