Saturday, February 18, 2017

Review: The Big Book of Homeschooling Ideas: Volume 2






I am one who always enjoys reading what others are doing in their school. I know for some people it's overwhelming because they feel they need to do it all. For me I find I can take little pieces of what others are doing and bring it into our school day. I think most homeschooling moms are pretty real about what they do each and every day. As well as what it's really like to homeschool. I took notes while I was reading this book. I don't always do that, but when I want to make sure I don't forget something then I jot notes down. I have so many pages of blogs and little tidbits that I picked up from this book. It's really chocked full of information for middle & high school.  I'm just going to make a little list here of things that stood out to me while reading:

* We are not just teaching them skills we are teaching them and building in them good character traits.
* In middle school we need them to become independent learners.
* Loneliness adds negativity to a teen's budding self-image.
* Let your husband step in more. Boys learn to become men from their fathers.
* Professor's wish list for students: They need to get their point across while having good grammar. 
* We want them to be the following: self-starters, task-finishers, people that can focus, independent thinkers, problem-identifiers & problem-solvers. 
* Have a written mission and vision.  

I don't think anyone could read this book and not come up with at least a dozen tips, tricks or sites that they could use.  I'm thankful I read this book and can see it being one of those that I read again and again.  I encourage you all to check out this book. It's definately worth the money!

The Big Book of Homeschooling Ideas: Volume 2


** I received a copy of this book free for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: USA Activity Bundle by The Crafty Classroom

My youngest has really been bitten by the geography bug in the last year or so.  He loves to look things up on maps, talks constant...