Sunday, October 2, 2016

Book Review: Mattie's Pledge by Jan Drexler

I always enjoy reading books that are about Amish people. This book wasn't as easy a read as I normally like.  The characters, the setting and plot were all nicely written. I easily felt like I could be right there in the story.  For me it just didn't catch my attention like some others do.  The main characters, Mattie and Jacob, just didn't seem to engage me like I wanted them to. The plot was well thought out, but just didn't seem to jump out at me. I haven't read this author before, so it may just be her style didn't grab me this time. I think it's an easy read for anyone that enjoys these types of books.


** I was given this book free for my honest opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...