Thursday, August 2, 2018

Review: Home School in the Woods Time Travelers American History-The Civil War

Home School in the Woods
Home School in the Woods has fast become one of my favorite companies to shop.  They have a huge selection of items and I can find pretty much anything I want or need for history.We have been fortunate to be able to review their products several times.  We had a great time with review #1 as well as review #2 . Our youngest has gotten into that stage where he's fascinated by war. He doesn't understand what war truly means to those in it, but he's fascinated by the history of our country.  We chose to work in the Time Travelers U.S. History Studies section.  They had great options for us to chose from, but ultimately Issac wanted to learn more about Time Travelers: The Civil War.  I'm not the most techie person out there and had some type of glitch when trying to download the product. I reached out to customer service and they were AMAZING.  I hadn't had this issue previously and they hadn't either, but they worked with me until I was able to download the product.  Great customer service means a ton to me and this company is right up there at the top! Once I got my product downloaded I proceeded to one of my favorite parts: the printing of everything we needed :) I do highly recommend you make sure you have fresh ink and plenty of paper. I normally have regular printer paper, white cardstock and colored cardstock on hand. This time most of our house is packed for a move and all I had was regular printer paper. That being said we still were able to make due. I made a mistake while starting out by printing the teacher's pages for the timeline. That being said it turned out to be a wonderful mistake for us. Issac doesn't really enjoy cutting smaller things out because he still struggles with fine motor skills. I went ahead and put the "answer key" together and we used that as our timeline. I had him color or circle the events from each lesson and we were still able to see how everything fell into place time wise.  One thing I really like is having a schedule or at least a place to jump off from. I like that Home School in the Woods gives me that jumping off place. I prefer holding items in my hand while reading, so I always print the lessons off and then we keep them in the notebook when done. Here's an example from lesson 5 of the options we had.











Issac really enjoys the hands on activities that Home School in the Woods provides. We typically don't do the newspaper portion that is included. That would work better for my older daughter, but the writing is a bit hard for Issac.  There are so many other activities though that we are never bored.  We worked on maps of the underground railroad, a lantern to light our way, women of the civil war and badges which was one of Issac's favorites. I even found this time that he enjoys having me read the lesson pages without even doing the activites.  We also checked out several books from the library to go along with the activities.  There are so many different options that it's hard to chose just one.  







The newest item they are excited to share is Project Passport: Ancient Rome (CD version coming in fall 2018).  The complete Project Passport Bundle (all 5 world history studies) (CD version coming in fall 2018) is available as well.  The crew reviewed so many different items, so if there is a particular item your looking to check out someone probably reviewed it. As always Home School in the Woods is active on social media.  Follow them on FacebookTwitterGoogle+ and Pinterest.  




Hands-on-History, Project Passport, À La Carte Timelines and Time Travelers {Home School in the Woods Reviews}

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice when a company has amazing customer service for times like these... glad you got it all sorted out! That was a smart decision to use the teachers pages that you accidentally printed in place of something that Issac doesn't enjoy/struggles with.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...