Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Review: Thin Stix Creativity Pack

The Pencil Grip, Inc.


Our first introduction with The Pencil Grip, Inc. was when we were blessed to review the Thin Stix 6 pk of Classic Colors. The kids and I had never heard of these or seen them before.  It was pretty exciting because it was tempera paint in the basic form of a marker.  What a fantastic way to have paint quality with NO MESS!!  What I was most excited about when the Thin Stix Creativity Pack arrived was the variety of colors! We received 12 classic colors, 6 neon and 6 metallic.  
Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Look at these AMAZING colors included in this set!!

Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Issac immediately told me he felt he could do so much with the wide variety of colors.  My children are old enough that I don't have to worry too much about the mess that can happen when your painting.  Well, my 10 year old does have a habit of plopping in his chair, bumping the table, etc., so maybe I still do have to worry (LOL) The quality of these items is great and you can use them on so many surfaces. I have to admit that we typically only use them on paper, but Issac has used them on Popsicle sticks and they worked great.  Something that jumped out to me this time was that they are nut, egg and gluten free. We don't have any food allergies in our family, but I know many that do. I know that they can be extremely serious for many. I had never thought that some families might have to worry about what craft products their children could use if they had allergies. Here's a few more interesting tidbits about the products:

  • Dries in 90 seconds
  • Uncap, twist and paint
  • No water, cups or smocks needed
  • Bright vibrant colors
  • Washable
  • Nontoxic
  • Nut-, egg- and gluten-free
  • Paint on paper, wood, pumpkins, poster board and more
  • Take the mess out of painting but keep all the fun
  • True paint finish that won't crack
  • Ages 3+


    We have 3 children and have done many painting projects over the years.  We used to have the little plastic containers that we'd keep the tempera paint in and even though we used them often they were messy and seemed to go "bad", so I finally gave them up.  There is also lots of prep work to painting: Put paper on the table, get brushes and cups of water, put old shirts on the kids and hope that nobody dumps the cup of water all over a siblings new painting.  Since The Pencil Grip, Inc. has come up with the Thin Stix Creativity Pack there is no need to deal with any of that anymore.  Kids and adults can easily sit down and start a project in minutes!  My son tends to leave the caps off markers when he's working and I'm always finding dried out markers.  Even though these dry in 90 seconds I've noticed that the ones he's left the tops off of haven't dried out.  That's a big plus to me because he's often put them back in the boxes and I find the tops on the floors.  I remember as a child looking back at paintings that I'd done and finding them cracked and quite honestly not like I painted them. We have had NONE of that with these.  The go on smooth and are really pretty fun to use. My daughter does wish there was a way there was a fine tip option because she likes to do lots of detail work in her art projects.  I've used these along with the kids and I find they go on the paper much smoother than a marker and blend in really well.  It looks like a wonderful, creamy texture in the tube and yet you touch the paper and there is NO mess on your hands!

    Issac has been working in his "art book" for several months now.  We sometimes aren't sure what he has drawn, but he's always happy to explain it to us. I've noticed that he just picks things he sees in the house and attempts to draw them.  Here are a few he's drawn recently:

    This is Issac the bear

    A foot

    Issac's drawing of his older brother, Zachary


    Sunflower

    Here are a few of the things I played around with drawing:





    I tend to be thrifty when it comes to art supplies, but I really have enjoyed the Thin Stix Creativity Pack from The Pencil Grip, Inc. I really think they are a wonderful quality project and I would highly recommend them to all parents of children that enjoy arts and crafts.  Check out what the rest of the crew did with their Thin Stix!

    Thin Stix Creativity Pack {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}


    Check out the social media sites:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pinterest


    4 comments:

    1. Great review! These look so fun. I loved seeing all of your designs. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You're more than welcome! You inspired me to get back into blogging, and I love following you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Your doing amazing with your blogging! As always I wish you guys were closer so we could join in on some of your activities :)

        Delete

    Review: Roar Like a Lion

    Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...