Friday, September 15, 2017

Week Ending 9/15/2017

This week has been THE busiest week since we started school.  Sadly, almost NO school has been completed.  Issac has been having some headaches and dizziness that I chalked up to allergies. After it happening Sunday night and again Monday morning I took him in the doctor. She felt it is allergies, but was concerned that his blood pressure seems to continue to be elevated.  She asked that I call his cardiologist and get in before our yearly appointment next month.  Tuesday Issac had OT as well as his 4 month check up with the developmental pediatrician. We talked about how therapy is going and the struggles he's continuing to have. I told her I felt that Issac falls through the cracks because he seems "ok" to most people and they have no clue what we deal with on a daily basis. He doesn't have some of the physical issues that many have, so it's not as noticeable to others.  Because of Irma we had quite a bit of rain on Tuesday, but it wasn't as bad traveling as I had worried.  I treated Issac to Chipotle which was SO amazing!!  We used to eat there ALL the time when we lived in California and it was nice to have lunch there.  Wednesday we had our co-op classes.  Issac is doing a Live and Learn Under the Oceans class that he is really enjoying. He's also doing an intro to spanish class.  This week was the first week for drama, so there was lots of talk about which parts to try out for next week.  Thursday we had counseling and Issac had the cardiologist.  He put him on a 24 hour monitor. He feels the pediatrician is right that the blood pressure being up now is going to cause big issues by the time he's thirty. He's going to contact the electrophysiologist about us going to see him.  He feels we should probably do the exercise test again and possibly do medication at this point.  Today was the end of the day and we had zoo club. Issac didn't have a pleasant time because a snake was brought out. He was so terrified and I felt so badly for him. I can only wonder if the heart monitor went crazy during that time :( We've done minimal school this week, so we'll be working on some tomorrow.  I only got to read one book this week.  



It's been a super rough week and I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow and get a little school done. Have two reviews to write this weekend.  We've got Let’s Go Geography as well as Imagine. . .The Great Flood by Matt Koceich from Barbour Publishing.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through this. I have been thinking about your little man all week. I really hope they figure something out, and he starts feeling better. Poor guy! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your support! I am truly thankful that we became friends :) Who knew therapy would lead us here :)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...