Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Thankful Tuesday 8/22/17

Another week that I'm late posting, BUT I really wanted to post what I was thankful for this week.  I'm super thankful for my children's friends and the kindness of strangers! Yesterday was our second day of school and I didn't want to leave the house, but I had to get to the bank. My plan was to be there when they opened at 8:30, but it was closer to 9:00 when I got there. I did my banking and drove across the street to get gas because I was on empty.  My youngest was with me and wanted to go in the gas station to get something. He told me he'd locked his door and went on inside. I finished pumping my gas and went to open the van door and it was LOCKED!! I normally keep my door open, but yesterday had pulled too close to the pump and so it was closed. I never thought a thing when he said he'd locked his door. Not sure why he did it, but we were locked out and my cell phone was IN the van :(  I went inside and asked the clerk if I could use the phone because we had gotten locked out of our vehicle. She wasn't very pleasant and told me I'd have to wait until her truck downloaded on the phone. No problem, we can't go anywhere anyway (LOL) We waited and waited and she said it would just be a minute. Another clerk walked up and told me she could help me on the next register. The first lady told her I was waiting for the phone. The second lady told me I could use her cell phone! What a blessing she was. Thankfully Zachary answered on the first try and I told him what I needed. I knew it would be hard because he was due at work in less than 1 hour and he was helping a friend with his car. He called back a few minutes later and told me the friend was coming because he had to get to work. At first I thought how crazy is that, but then I thought what a good friend that he would drive 20 minutes to bring me the spare key. The second lady in the gas station gave Issac a drink and talked to us most of the time we waited. I was so thankful she was there and for her friendly attitude.  I hope all my children end up with friends that will help them AND other family members in their times of need. I know he's not reading this, but a huge THANKS to Skylar!



2 comments:

  1. I hate that you got locked out, but that is amazing that you had people to help you during your time of need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was super cool that Zachary's friend would drive to Sanford to bring me the keys :)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...