Thursday, July 20, 2017

Homeschool Philosophies Quiz-What type of homeschooler are YOU?

I recently took the Homeschool Philosophies Quiz that a friend posted about and these are the scores I received.

Score for Charlotte Mason: 12
Score for Classical Education: 9
Score for Montessori Education: 15
Score for Project-Based Learning: 6
Score for Reggio-Inspired:9
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: 9
Score for Traditional Education: 3
Score for Unit Studies Approach: 12
Score for Unschooling Approach: 6
Score for Waldorf Education: 3

I have to admit that I've NEVER heard of Reggio-Inspired.  I've got to go look that up :) All this fun has gotten me thinking about starting a new year and what changes I would like to make this year.  It prompted me to take some of the other quizzes on the site to get some more information about my homeschooling style :) I also took the What Kind of Homeschool Mom or Dad Are You? and these are my results.  

Score for Creative: 6 
Score for Curious: 3 
Score for Diligent: 3 
Score for Free Spirit: 6 
Score for Laidback: -3 
Score for Neat and Tidy: -3 
Score for Out and About: 3 
Score for Outdoorsy: -14 
Score for Planner: 14 
Score for Playful: 6 
Score for Project Lover: 9 
Score for Storyteller (Read Alouds): 12 

Love that the outdoorsy was a NEGATIVE 14 because that is SO me (LOL) I also took the What Kind of Homeschooler Are You? quiz which is an older version of the first quiz.  It's interesting to see some of the different results.  


Score for Waldorf Education: 3 
Score for Traditional Education: 3 
Score for Unit Studies Education: 6 
Score for Montessori Education: 12 
Score for Thomas Jefferson Education: -3 
Score for Unschooling: 9 
Score for Classical Education: 9 
Score for Charlotte Mason Education: 15 

I need to work on more hands on this year and would love to hear any suggestions of things you all have done that have been big hits :) Would love to hear what your scores are if you take any of the tests :)


4 comments:

  1. Here are my scores for "What Kind of Homeschool Mom or Dad Are You?":
    Score for Creative: 14
    Score for Curious: 9
    Score for Diligent: 5
    Score for Free Spirit: 0
    Score for Laidback: -9
    Score for Neat and Tidy: 6
    Score for Out and About: -3
    Score for Outdoorsy: 0
    Score for Planner: 6
    Score for Playful: 3
    Score for Project Lover: 9
    Score for Storyteller (Read Alouds): 18

    I am a big "theme" person (as you know), and I try to coordinate as many things with that theme. I think it is easier to come up with hands on projects/activities with you have an overall theme. I'm hoping this year to be better about getting my children in the kitchen more. I am thinking about incorporating "Tea Time Tuesdays" this year, and putting the kids in charge of preparing all the food, drinks, and table setting. We will see if my boys pout about that or not (ha)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I replied from my email, but apparently that doesn't post here (LOL) I'm surprised your planning number wasn't higher :) Love the Tea Time plan. Maybe I'll try that. When I ask the two kids what they'd like to do they say nothing (LOL) :(

      Delete
    2. I was surprised about the planner part too)(ha)! I talked to the kids about tea time today, and surprisingly they didn't complain too much. Kenten did ask if we could call it something else though.

      Delete
    3. Maybe you should let him pick the name :)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...