Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Review: Times Tales the Fun Way




We recently got to review Times Alive by Times Tables the Fun Way from City Creek I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. Our youngest son seems to find many programs and books that I think he'll love to be too "babyish" as he says. I knew he'd either love this program or hate it from the minute he sat down to try it. I am excited to say that he has really enjoyed it. I showed him how to log in with his name and helped him navigate the first lesson. He didn't complain, he sat right there engaged with the lesson.  I knew the first day would tell me what he thought and he did about 4 lessons the first day.  This program is different from others.  It's online lessons with animated songs and stories to learn times tables the fun way!  







We have been working on times tables for far too long. He seems to pick up some and then others he just can't seem to remember.  He often has trouble remembering and I've found that we need to review certain things quite often.  The times tables have been one thing that he just hasn't seemed to catch on to certain problems.  We worked on the doubles for weeks.  He'd get 2*2, 3*3, 4*4 and 5*5.  6*6, 7*7, 8*8 and 9*9 just didn't seem to stick. We did flash cards, wrote out each one he missed and he still didn't seem to remember them. As he moved through the lessons I could really see that the stories and songs were sticking with him. One day in some math we were doing he didn't remember the answer to 4*4.  That was typically a problem he did remember, but that particular day he didn't. I started out saying the story of you have to be 16 to drive a and he answered with 4 by 4.  I think continued review with this program for my son would help him master his tables. Go check out Times Alive and since they have several options you can chose from  it works for everyone!

One thing I really liked about the program is that I could see my son's progress every time he worked on the program.

You can see if they've viewed the lesson, completed it halfway or finished it completely.  Every so often there is a graded activity and you can see how they are progressing.  



A few times my son didn't complete the lesson because he thought it was over or he forgot to click next. When I printed his progress report I was able to see those incomplete lessons. We just sat down and went back to review those lessons.  We used this program 3 or 4 times a week.  He didn't find it boring or uninteresting and he was always ready to do his lessons. This program is great to learn your multiplication tables or even just to review them. This is a program that I would pay for because he genuinely was happy to do it. 







#hsreviews #onlinemath #mathsupplement #multiplication #learnmultiplication
Times Tables the Fun Way {Review}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...