Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Thankful Tuesday

I think I'm going to start posting on Tuesday's about what I'm thankful for in my life. There are so many things to be thankful for, but I've realized I get bogged down and honestly don't speak about the good in life.  When I was trying to go to sleep last night Thankful Tuesday's came into my mind and I decided it would be a great thing to do. I'm thankful for several things today!

I'm thankful for my dryer. I think most moms or even ladies in general can understand this. I may not do laundry every day, but I have the ability to if I chose too. Friday I was doing my first load and when I went to remove it from the dryer I realized it wasn't completely dry. It didn't really mean much to me, so I threw it back in for a few moments. It was then that I realized it didn't sound right :( When I opened it up I realized the drum wasn't turning. I knew instantly we had an issue (LOL) Carl tried to take it apart, but wasn't able to do it alone. I can really see the difference his accident has had on his daily life once again :( When Zachary had time yesterday he took it apart and was able to get the information Carl needed. He called a local shop and they didn't have the part, but recommended another shop. Thankfully they had it, so Carl went and got it. Zachary put it together last night and I was back in business. I guess I have a few things to be thankful for regarding the dryer! I'm thankful for a husband and son that can do things like that as well as being thankful for the dryer itself :)

I'm thankful for my kids health. I often think about all that's going on with Issac, but honestly he's in better health than some. We don't require feeding tubes, he can talk, walk and isn't dependent on anything to help him move. I guess it's all how you put it in perspective. Yes, there are issues in Issac's life and some may follow him his entire life. I know those that have children with additional needs are still thankful as well. There is always something struggling more than us and we can always find things to be thankful for regarding our health.

I'm thankful for forgiveness!  In my reading this morning it was all about forgiveness.  When bad things happen to us we are going to be hurt and it will be hard. Yet, forgiveness is amazing. If God didn't forgive me for all the things I have done I can't imagine how life would be. Life is hard, but it could be so much worse without God's forgiveness.


2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your dryer. Continued prayers for Carl and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shawnee! Dryer is running right now:) Happy to have guys that can fix things.

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...