Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Review: The Revealing by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I pretty much love any book about the Amish! I've read quite a few books by Suzanne Woods Fisher and I've enjoyed them all.  One thing that I really think she does well is to develop the characters in her books.  As I read this book one of my favorite characters was Naomi.  I felt she really developed as a character from the beginning to the end.  There are also several different plots happening at the same time, but it's not done in a way that the reader gets confused and can't keep track while reading.  Another thing that I think this author does well is the way she ends her books.  Often I've read books where when I've finished I'm left hanging or I know there isn't going to be another book to continue the series.  She ends her books in a way that is gentle.  The reader is still wanting to know more about these characters, but if there weren't another book you wouldn't feel let down about the way the story ended.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone that loves books about the Amish.




I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...