Saturday, January 25, 2020

Week Ending 1-25-2020

I have to admit that I'm very thankful this week is over. Some weeks go by so smoothly and others just don't (LOL) I think this week was extra long because we were without internet.  I'm like everyone else and miss internet when it's out, but this week it affected our schooling. That's when it frustrates me more than anything :( My daughter wasn't able to do her English and my son struggled with his Math because of it. Thankfully they were able to finally get here Friday and we were quickly back in business ;) As for me dealing with no internet I did what I do best.  I worked on my library pile (LOL) I've had a book sitting in my pile since before Christmas that a friend lent me. For some reason I thought it was one of those books I really needed to "focus" on when reading and therefore I kept putting it off (LOL) I picked it up this week and it was AMAZING!! I highly recommend Educated by Tara Westover to everyone. I'm even going to try and convince my daughter to read it! It's truly an amazing story and touched me personally as we homeschool.  I also started and finished Jigsaw by Ted Miller Brogden.  I struggled a bit in the early parts of this book, but the description on the back kept pulling me back in to the book. I'm glad that I pushed through and read it because I did enjoy the story.  I also checked out some great recipes in Skinny Italian by Teresa Giudice. She's got some really good recipes in there and lots of tips about whether you should use fresh or dry herbs.  Last but not least I started The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie I LOVED Little House as a girl and I have to admit even now still enjoy the books. As hard as I tried my daughter had NO interest in them and it broke my heart :( Maybe one day I'll be able to read them with my grandchildren and they'll have the same interest I always have had.






I had big plans for today in cleaning, laundry, etc. I went to the library and then came home and got caught up in all the new books that I picked out.  I did manage two loads of laundry, but that's about it. Sometimes you just need coffee and a good book to get over the rough week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...