Saturday, January 18, 2020

Turning the Day Around!

I slept in WAY later than I should have today. It felt great, BUT then I had a headache :( Typically with a headache like I had today I would just stay in bed and pray that with ice and meds it would go away. Today I decided nope, let me get up and get started. I was behind on my weekly Bible reading, so I figured I'd better catch that up. So many things spoke to me in those readings today. Two that really hit me are that idols are often things that we aren't even realizing we are idolizing. Something to think about how we are spending our time and energy in this day and age. The other was are we living to how God wants us or to man? I've been struggling for months with an issue and I go back and forth about whether it's my decision to please myself or my fellow man or whether it was what God needed me to do. The readings really put some things in perspective for me this morning and I'm thankful I started the day out doing that.



Then of course I started the never ending laundry :) I honestly haven't done laundry since Tuesday, so it really wasn't never ending just hasn't been touched (LOL) Managed to get 4 loads done and feel good about that accomplishment. Sometimes we have to be thankful for accomplishing the little things ;) I also cleaned out both of my email inboxes and we all know what a task that can be sometimes. I've been working hard to try and decrease the emails that I truly don't read and delete every time they appear in my inbox. That's a huge help in saving time.



My husband and son went to play basketball at the community center and then on a hike at Raven Rock Park. My daughter was gone for some of the day, so I had several hours just to myself. I got to think about the week and what I felt we should have gotten done as well as what I was happy and thankful we achieved. We got to spend THREE whole hours with friends yesterday that we haven't seen for months. I'm so thankful to have those friends that even when you haven't seen them for months you still feel comfortable plopping on their couch and hanging out. The kids had some great laughs as well and I always love seeing my kids laugh. I got to spend about an hour alone with my daughter which those of you with teens/adults know that doesn't happen much. Between work, school, boyfriend and friends we don't seem to see much of them after the age of 16 (LOL) It was nice just the two of us being in the house :)

All in all even with still having the headache I think I turned my day around when another day I might not have. Hey, for me I'm counting that in the positive category and I'm going to be happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...