Monday, May 15, 2017

Week Ending 5/13/2017

I can't believe the year is coming to an end! I also CAN'T believe we have a son graduating high school in just a few days! Where has the time gone? He was our first child, first to start on the homeschooling journey and I'm sure the first to deal with many issues as we learned about homeschooling :) I have regrets because he's never really been a "book" kid, but I just didn't realize or change my thought soon enough. 

I've watched him building trailers for lawnmowers, try to build a trebuchet and learn to work on cars. I'm not sure there is anything he doesn't know how to do on a vehicle at this point! His plans after high school were to include something in computers. I've watched him this year take a few classes and do well in them all. He's taken four classes this year and has gotten 3-A's and 1-B. I have to admit I wasn't sure how he'd do, but knew that he had to navigate those waters himself :)I'm so proud of him and excited to watch him accept his diploma this week and continue on in his studies in the Fall.

It's hard to think of our youngest going into 10th grade in the Fall. Before we know it she will be graduating! The youngest will be in 5th and soon we'll only have middle and high school kids. Where have the years gone? I'm so thankful for this time with my children and I wish often that I could go back and start it again. I'm so proud of all my kids as we approach the end of the school year and am excited to see where they all go in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...