Saturday, October 10, 2020

Week Ending 10/10/2020

 We've been schooling now for about 6 weeks and for almost 2 of those weeks I was sick (LOL) Issac didn't do much schooling on his own during that time which kind of aggravated me, but again what's a mom to do? (LOL) I can either be upset about it and try to make him make it all up or just reschedule and move on to an updated schedule. I've learned over the years and especially with Issac that when the routine changes forcing work to be make up just doesn't work. He'll get all out of wack and life becomes very unhappy for all of us. That being said we had a good week this week and got everything done that I had planned :)


We started a new co-op last month and we had high hopes for it to be a great fit. I might quite a few great ladies, ones that I'd enjoy doing a mom's night out with, but the classes just weren't a great fit for Issac. They were using the Stargazer's Guide from Masterbooks and wow it seemed to me it was for much older kids.I shared with some friends some of the reading material and they agreed with me. That being said I hadn't heard of any others struggling, so after many long conversations and prayers we decided to stop. Our previous co-op was not really geared on books, but more hands on learning I guess. That seemed to work really well for Issac. For now we just won't attend co-op, but am always keeping my options open :) Just being this year didn't work out for us doesn't mean next year might not. The ladies were great too, really tried to help us make it work, but ultimately I knew it would cause more anxiety for Issac if we continued, so we stopped. So thankful for choices and for those that understand and accept them from us :)


I've been busy reading. The last few months I haven't read that much. I guess it was all the outside work. Now I'm reading a ton and not doing any outside work, so I guess I need to learn a balance :) I'm currently doing a Romans Bible Study through Julie Naturally and I'm really enjoying that. I'll be posting a few review in the next few weeks. I've also got Issac working through the assessment section on aplustutorsoft.com.  I really like the adaptive part of the program because it finds those gaps that your child might have. Issac is currently in 8th grade and I put in his profile that he was in 4th grade. I figured he was around the 4th/5th level. So far most of his testing has come back about 3rd/4th level. We'll be working through the lessons it gives us to hopefully work through some of those problem areas. As usual we've been starting each day reading out loud and some days I think I enjoy it more than he does. I'll be posting soon about the books we've read aloud since we started school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...