Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 2020 Reads

We had family in town in August as well as we started back to school. Not as much time for reading, but I still managed to get in a few good books :)





Beneath a scarlet sky by Mark Sullivan ⭐⭐⭐ I really enjoyed parts of this book, but some parts seemed to just be dragging. I know it was full of information, but at several points I just felt I needed to push through just to finish.





About Your Father And Other Celebrities I have Known by Peggy Rowe ⭐⭐⭐ I was super excited about this book, but it just didn't do what I expected. Was it a good read? Yes it was, but it just didn't keep my captivated like I thought it would. 





The Crow's Call by Wanda E. Brunstetter ⭐⭐⭐ I usually love Wanda's books, but the plot in this book just didn't flow well for me. There is a little mystery in the book, but it's almost an afterthought and not really the main plan for the book. It was a nice read, but just didn't keep me that captivated. 



The Trustworthy One by Shelley Shepard Gray ⭐⭐⭐ I always love a good Amish book! They are easy reads and I'm never disappointed.  



The Penmaker's Wife by Steve Robinson ⭐⭐⭐ This book was kind of dark and twisted, but I didn't always realize that during the story. Not usually my favorite kind of book, but turned out pretty good in the end. 




Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My absolute favorite book this month. What an amazing story about transformation. A true story of how faith can move mountains. 

2 comments:

  1. Still a pretty good month 🖤 I am adding Redeeming Love to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing book. I'm also so in love with Kristin Hannah now (LOL) So many books on my Goodreads list and not enough time (LOL)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...