Saturday, April 25, 2020

Week Ending 4/25/2020



I hope you all have had an amazing week!! The days seem to run together for me and I've heard many others say the same. If I didn't look at the computer or my phone I'm not sure I'd know where we were in the month (LOL) Well, actually recently I have known the days because my youngest talks to me every day about how many more days until his birthday (LOL) He'll be 13 on May 1st and he's so super excited! He's very upset that he can't spend it with friends, but he's excited for the gifts he hopes to receive :)

This week has been me trying to get school done, but not being as productive as I need us to be at this point. Our school year is quickly coming to an end, but with the move we are not where I'd like us to be at this stage. I plan to work some this summer, but my son always complains about that. I understand him wanting to just have his summer, but if we don't do some review back to school times are a struggle.  My daughter is also set to graduate on May 16th, but that is still up in the air at this time. She's taking a massage therapy class through the community college and that has been very hard with all the changes from the virus. They are doing bookwork online, but they are missing out on the hands on part which is really what she enjoys. It's difficult to understand all that is going on right now and even harder to explain it to the children.  I see lots of posts, mostly on Facebook, and sometimes I click like, rarely do I comment and more often I just scroll on by them. I may agree or disagree, but sometimes it gets to be too much. It's almost like that's all anyone talks about. Mentally I've been good through all this, but this past week has been a little struggle for me. I don't really know why, but it has. I think it's been a struggle for most of us at some point. I just pray for us all to be strong, stand up for what we think is right and continue to look out for our family and friends. 

We did get a good amount of work done outside this week. We burned several truckloads full of wood/plant debris that we had cut down. This property is so overgrown and the roots are so insane, but we are just continuing to push on through them.  We've got lots of things blooming, but I have to figure out what some are and what I want to keep :) I'll be glad when my mom can visit because she's great with gardening and can give me some ideas. 





Some of the fun things from the week are that we had a drive up visitor or I should say visitors (LOL) A family from the co-op we used to attend drove around and said hi to friends.  They brought cute signs and snacks too. Issac had a blast hanging out for a bit and I'll admit it did my heart wonders too :) My husband was pulling a tree through the yard and ripped up the internet line. This is the second time he's damaged the line (LOL) The first time he ran it over with the lawnmower ;) Spectrum was fantastic about it and was out in less than 2 hours. I hadn't expected service that quick, but was happy to receive it. One of our cats, Junie, kept trying to get in the technician's van (LOL) If he hadn't seen her she might have ended up at his next stop. These crazy cats keep me laughing daily :)






I hope that you are all safe and well. Hugging and kissing on those kiddos and checking in on your friends. If I can help in anyway please reach out to me! I can listen, pray, send chocolate etc :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...