Monday, March 30, 2020

March Update on Our Family

We have officially been in our home now since the beginning of February. The other day I posted March and my soon-to-be 13 year old quickly pointed out how wrong I was (LOL) There was so much work to be done on this house when we bought it and then circumstances arose with my husband that made getting the work done very, very slow.  We had been renting from our nephew and he had been so great to us as each month my husband said I should be done this month and he wasn't. Finally our nephew nicely said it's time to go and you know it was the right thing. Even with still having no kitchen sink here it feels like home.  The running back and forth before was very stressful.  At one point there were 3 of us sharing a car and when hubby wants to be at the other house, I need to run errands, the daughter needs to get to work it's stressful.


We had set down and made a list, room-by-room of what needed to be done, but guess what?? I lost the list (LOL) My husband has been doing stuff inside and I'm doing inside stuff, outside stuff, still trying to homeschool, etc.  Last week I suggested that we make one weekend day "family work outside day" and therefore we might be more productive if the four of us all tackle the same project.  This week was suppose to be finishing up the garden area to plant, but that didn't happen. We found a bed frame for our son and it took way longer to get, put together, etc.  We had already gotten our plants Thursday and after the heat we had Saturday they were looking a little rough Sunday. Since I didn't know when we'd be able to work on the garden area I decided to plant the veggies where I had cleaned out for flowers.  Are they where I wanted them? No, but they are in the ground and I won't worry about losing the plants.  We found a great nursery that is local and we'll probably hit her up for a few more things. The area they are planted is to the left and right of the front door and that's ok :) This house has lots of "weird" things about it and one is that they put a door into the dining room. That's the first door you see, so I don't expect many people to even go to the front door. Either way, right now I'm just happy to see my plants in the ground.  I had started radishes and lettuce from seeds, so those are in the ground along with tomatoes, green peppers and squash.  My peas that I started are ready to go in, but I need to figure out where they'll go now.  My husband worked on the garden area some last night, so I expect if I get out there this week I can plant anything else in the garden area in the next week or so.








This house is almost 6 acres, but of course lots of it's wooded. Priority has been fixing the inside and I've worked outside, but there is so much more to be done. Ideally I'd love a very large garden area, but that may be another year or so :) It's nice though sitting here typing while looking outside and knowing that we are home :)

We have a fairly large closet, but again the way they hung rods is a little weird. Down the road we might change it, but for now I'm just organizing the best I can. Hubby finally got around today to cutting two pieces of wood to sit on top of two of the rods. Now I'm able to store all the blankets and winter clothing in there neatly.  I also decided to go through all my clothing hanging up again even though I did it when I picked and unpacked. I also put all my hangers on backwards, so that I can see what items I'm truly wearing. I know I have stuff that I'll say when I lose weight or I love it and just didn't get around to wearing it this year. I'll probably get rid of anything not turned around that was spring/summer type clothing when winter hits this year and then do the winter stuff when summer hits. We'll see how that goes :)




We stopped attending the co-op we had attended for many years and then moved shortly after.  We also stopped ABA therapy at the same time. All of a sudden it seemed we had nowhere to go and nobody needing to come here. We could focus totally on school, the house, etc. Then all the virus stuff started and at first I was thinking it's a bunch of junk. As time went on I realized it almost seemed like we weren't even living the same life as others. My husband is disabled, all the stuff I mentioned had stopped, so the only thing still going on was that my daughter had to work. We've just been staying home, going to the store when needed, but just living this lifestyle that I almost feel will be hard to stop once things change.  I've lost track of time, days, etc. (LOL) Been reading lots of books, chilling with the family and just hanging out. I did get blocked from Instagram this past week and that was crazy! I posted pictures of items we got in the mail to review and Instagram didn't like something I wrote. It was a very long few days :)


I hope that you all are staying safe and trying to relax and just focus on family right now :) I think quite a bit about my mom as well as the kids/grandkids that are in Texas.  Everyone is happy and healthy and that's what we are focusing on for now :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are finally in your home and that you are checking things off your to do list! That is a really smart idea with the hangers... I might have to start doing that too!

    In some ways I feel like we are just continuing life as well. The biggest change in our lives is that all of the elective classes my kids were attending are canceled. The kids miss their friends, but this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...