Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Remembering 9/11

17 years ago today I remember turning the tv on to get ready to attend Bible Study and hearing the horrific news about what had happened. I cut the tv off because I didn't want Zachary to see any of it.  We headed to Bible Study and I remember he didn't want me to leave him in his classroom. We had been attending for a while and not even the first day did he cry when I left him in his class. I remember sitting in the rocker, 7 months pregnant with Brianna, and rocking him until he was calm. It was as though he knew what was happening and was as unsettled as the rest of us :( I feel such sadness for all those that lost their lives that day and the following days. All those that had the family dynamic changed in a second. So many people changed because of that day. I'm so thankful for everyone that helped during that time to get out the survivors as well as those that didn't survive. It seemed like our nation was brought closer by this tragedy and although I don't want to relive that tragedy I wish our nation could relive the closeness. We are always fighting with each other and it's a sad way to live. I'm thankful for my family and friends and pray today for all those families that were affected by this horrible tragedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...