Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Thankful Tuesday 2/13/2018

Thankful Tuesday

As I finished up a good book I realized that I had not made my Thankful Tuesday post today. I asked myself "What are you thankful for today?" the answer couldn't have been clearer since I just finished a book :) Today I'm thankful for books! I know many love reading online these days and while I have read a few things that way I really love holding that book in my hand.  Certain books have a smell to them that for those that love to read is intoxicating.  I remember as a child folding down the corners to mark my stopping place.  As an adult I feel it's criminal to do that and can't believe I once was "one of THOSE people" that did that to books (LOL) I'm really thankful for books in any shape and for the places we can get books. I couldn't tell you when I've purchased a book new.  I love to get them from thrift stores, borrow from friends or the library and the last few years I've been blessed to review for Revell.  


The above pile is my currently stash from the library.  I can't imagine not having access to the library! I've always dreamed of living right across the street, so I could go anytime I wanted :)


This stash is my current pile that I own that I'm working through. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so thankful for books too. I used to be one of those people as well, and I am disgusted with myself over it still (ha). I recently bought a huge stack of books brand new from a store that was closing, and Kenten asked to read one before me. Of course I allowed him to,tbut not without some ground rules first. The look on his face was priceless and confirmed that I am a crazy book ladyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my kids think I'm crazy. I'm crazy for books (LOL)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...