Saturday, September 23, 2017

Week Ending 9/23/17

We were scheduled to be home most of this week, so I was super excited to get a ton done! Monday morning I learned that a dear friend's son had passed away in a motorcycle accident.  School was forgotten and there were frenzied messages back and forth with friends to see how we could help.  My son had an ENT appointment on Tuesday to have his hearing rechecked. A few months ago he was having trouble hearing and she told him to hold his nose and blow out his mouth. She told him he needed to do that several times a day until we went back. Seemed to have worked because everything was good! I later found out that another dear friend had a nephew take his own life.  My heart is just breaking for all these moms that have lost a child.  So much sadness in our world right now!

My daughter was having some allergy or cold issues and felt much worse Wednesday, so she wasn't as productive as maybe I had hoped. The wheezing kicked in and it became a wait and see. Thankfully she seems to be doing better, but now my throat is bothering me, so I'm in a blah kind of mood :(

I did read one book, Taken for English by Olivia Newport .


Issac is interested in cooking and says he wants to become a chef. When we were at the library recently we each picked out several cookbooks. This week I looked through Michael Symon's 5 in 5 For Every Season.  I found a few things in there I'd like to try, but most things weren't things I'd eat (LOL) 



I also read through Week in a Day by Rachael Ray.  Again a few things I thought we'd like, but not a ton. I think I'm just too picky :)




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reaching out to me today... I hate that so many people are suffering. Hopefully this upcoming week will be better all around.

    Jack wants to be a chef too. Or at least this week that's what he want to be (ha)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've always said they are the same person (LOL) I'm sorry you and your family are dealing with such a loss right now!

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...