Monday, July 31, 2017

Week Ending 7/31/2017

As you can tell I'm a little late on my week ending post :) We were traveling to my mom's house on Friday and I had planned to write my post that night, but got busy enjoying hanging out with my mom :)  Last week was spent mostly getting ready for the trip and we had some special visitors at karate, so I was there two nights last week.  We usually only get to see these visitors once a year, so it's always a wonderful night of training when they are there. The students are always looking for ways they can improve their techniques!

I only read a few books last week. I've still got a large pile from the library, 17, that are waiting to be read! I've got to hurry and finish them before school starts :) This week I read Aunt Dimity & the Widow's Curse,  The Barefoot SummerThis Is What a Librarian Looks Like. and The Promise of an Angel.

We had a wonderful time with my family this weekend.  My mom took me to get some canning tomatoes, $10 a box, so we got three boxes!! Plan to chop them all up and freeze them for the winter.  My mom turned 74 on Sunday and it's always nice spending the day with her. We see her every few months, but it's especially wonderful to share cake, ice cream and gifts with her on her special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...