Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week Ending 3/18/2017

It's been a crazy week, but then again I say that EVERY week (LOL) After a week with my mom the previous week I tried to get caught up last weekend and get ready for the new week! Monday we tried to get a full day of school in since it seems those days have been lacking recently:( We also had our 4-H A.C.H.I.E.V.E banquet that night. The kids get recognized for being in 4-H, doing speeches and project books. It's also a time to thank our leaders for all the time they give to our kids. It was a nice evening and we got to see a few people we haven't seen in a while.  Tuesday was one of the only days we didn't have to go anywhere (LOL) I had planned on us working on our art project from Creating a Masterpiece, but we just didn't get to it. We've got lots of things we are working on right now and honestly laundry and dinner were some of the biggies for that day :) Wednesday is Gavel Club. Brianna is really enjoying this group even though the two previous years she didn't want to join. I think she often enjoys things more once she's into them:) I feel like I'm the same way. After we went with some friends to look at the venue for the formal next month and graduation in May. Time is coming too quickly and it seems there aren't enough hours in the day! Thursday Issac and I went on a field trip. He had a good time, but I wished we had stayed home (LOL) I personally felt the person doing the trip wasn't prepared or ready to talk to a group. She didn't have much of a plan and honestly couldn't really answer any questions that she was asked.  Issac had a good time, so I tried to just remember that :) So thankful for Friday! The end of the week and hoping we are done with enough school:) I feel like lately there has just been too much going on. We are getting our basics done, but not the other stuff I want to get done too! I'm planning to do a little work this summer. Issac is just getting his multiplication tables and being ready to move on to division. He's actually been ahead in math for some time, but remembering the tables has proved difficult for him:( I think that since we used Math Mammoth-Blue Series he has really started to get it. We were given the chance to review the Multiplication 1 & 2 as well as the Division 1. I have to admit when I first looked at it I didn't like it. I've realized it doesn't matter how I'd learn them, but this works for Issac and that's what matters.  We'll continue on these through the summer and doing review, so he doesn't backslide. I'm also planning to keep working in art and maybe some music history.  I hope you all had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...