Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September Reads 2020

22 books read this month might be my best month in a while :) I've just felt more like reading this past month and I'm glad because I've knocked several books off my shelf that have been waiting on me to read them :) Would love to hear some of your favorite books read this month!



The Unexpected Spy by Tracy Walder ⭐⭐ Saw this book in the "new" section of my library and it seemed really interesting. From the CIA to the FBI the story of a female agent. While it had some interesting information in it I just wasn't captivated. I kept wanting to just skim and hopefully get to a page that kept my interest more.  




Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah ⭐⭐⭐ I went back and forth on my thoughts with this book. I liked it, then I thought it was kind of dull and then I liked it again (LOL) Ultimately at the end of the book I was crying in true fashion with any Kristin Hannah book I've read. I realized there is a part 2 and I've already requested it from the library 😁



First Impressions by Sarah Price ⭐⭐⭐ I believe this is a new to me author and I always love finding new Amish stories :)




The Matchmaker by Sarah Price ⭐⭐⭐This was a continuation of the previous book and I enjoyed it as well. Not many Amish books can disappoint me :)






An Amish Match by Jo Ann Brown ⭐⭐⭐ This was a new-to-me author and I enjoyed her book. It was a short little book that could easily been read in a day and it had a great story. I will be looking up more of her books. 








The Saddle Maker's Son by Kelly Irvin ⭐⭐⭐ Another easy read by a new-to-me author.  






The Bishop's Son by Kelly Irvin ⭐⭐⭐ This is actually the book before The Saddle Maker's Son, but I didn't realize that and read them out of order (LOL)













love riot by Sara Barratt ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This book was geared towards teens, but the message is one that we all need to hear as well. 






God's Hostage by Andrew Brunson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was an amazing book of testimony and God's faithfulness in truly the worst of times. 












Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah ⭐⭐⭐ I would have loved to have given this book a higher star count, but it really wasn't until towards the end that I really understood, like and was interested in the story line. 





The Defiant Child by Dr. Douglas A. Riley ⭐⭐⭐⭐


































I wish he had come with instructions by Mike Bechtle⭐⭐⭐ It's always great hearing the "guys" side of things :) 



Woman of Courage by Wanda Brunstetter ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Always love a book written by Wanda Brunstetter!




Five Chimneys by Olga Lengyel ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was such an amazing story of how this woman survived Auschwitz and all that she witnessed!

 
 





















 

 












 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...