Monday, June 1, 2020

May Book Updates

I can't believe that the month of May is gone already and I did so little reading!  Six books is not my usual, but then again it's six books I can mark off my list. It's amazing how long my to-be-read lists are and how as much as I read they don't seem to shorten. I'm always adding books probably faster than I read :) Would love to hear what your favorite book of the month was that you read.  





As Husbands Go by Susan Isaacs ⭐⭐⭐ This is the second time I've read this book apparently (LOL) I guess if I had updated Goodreads when I started the book I would have realized it :) That's probably why I felt not as interested in it. I was going to rate it ⭐⭐, but then saw my previous rating, so left it at that. I probably did enjoy it more the first time around :)






Hannah's War by Jan Eliasberg ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a really good book and had some twists in it that I definitely didn't expect.





The Way You Love Me by Francis Ray ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a little steamy romance, not the kind I've read in a while. It was a great story about lifting people up and getting them to stand up for themselves and the lives they deserve. Great read!





The Twenty-One Balloons ⭐⭐ Issac and I read this as a read aloud recently, but I don't think either of us particularly loved it. I think we just kind of pushed through it to finish it (LOL)






The New Husband ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a wonderful read. Full of mystery and suspense and I just couldn't put it down.






Prairie Lotus ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Issac and I read this together and honestly I probably loved it more than he did (LOL) I wasn't sure how much he'd enjoy it since the main character was a female. He has several questions during the book that sparked some good conversation. This was really a great read.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...