Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February Book Update

I know I should have posted this at the end of February, but we moved that weekend and life has been hectic (LOL) I did want to still go ahead and post the books I read for the month :) I've tried to rate them on a scale of 1-5, but I often struggle with rating books (LOL) I was surprised to see that I had read 9 books this month. A few I started in January and just took longer to read. I often read multiple books at one time. Some I have to focus more on and others I breeze through.  





Made in the U.S.A was probably my absolute favorite book from this last month. It was also the hardest to read because of the content. Trafficking is becoming more and more common in this day and age and we need to be much more aware to help protect our children.  I truly feel that everyone needs to read this book.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐







Lake Season was another favorite.  A parent's dream is fulfilled by their children after they pass away. This was such a heartfelt story and such a sweet tribute to the parents that the children pulled together and made the dream a reality.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐






The Shack is one that has received controversy since it was published.  People loved it and thought it amazing or totally thought it against God's word. I started out enjoying the book, but the further I got into it I didn't care for it.  ⭐





The Network is a spy/mystery novel where the main character is raising to find the truth while protecting the one person he's ever loved.  I'll be honest that I barely even remember this book now a few weeks later.  I remember the basic plot, but hardly any of the details.  ⭐⭐⭐







I chose Defeating the Child Obesity Epidemic because I have always struggled with my weight and see that struggle in my youngest child. He also has some health issues and I've wondered how much that plays into it.  When I saw this book on the shelf I just knew I needed to read it. It's a little on the old side, but I still felt had some really valuable information in it. Some I already knew, but I got some new information as well.  ⭐⭐⭐






Caleb's Crossing was on the recommended shelf at the library and the book description sound great. I have to admit that I struggled from the very beginning with this book. I kept wanting to put it down, but also kept going back to the description.  I ultimately finished it and somewhat enjoyed the story, but it was just a hard book for me to get into.  ⭐⭐







Royal Holiday was a book that I saw on the shelf while looking at another other and the title caught my eye. I didn't realize at the time it was part of a series, but I had no trouble following the book. It was easy to read as a stand alone book, but I probably will go back and read the others. It was the kind of book you can easily sit down, read quickly and ignore what's happening in real life.  ⭐⭐⭐






Where Courage Calls is the first in the series Return to the Canadian West.  This is the type book that I really enjoy. I love the books set back in an earlier time. Where people worked together, life was hard, but yet somehow seemed simpler.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐





Where Trust Lies is the second in the series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first.  When I read these books I am thankful for the methods of travel that we now have that weren't available then :) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...