Friday, January 3, 2020

Pages of History-Volume One Secrets of the Ancients Ch's 1-5




My youngest seems to learn so much when he's hearing information in a story format. I ran across Pages of History-Volume One Secrets of the Ancients this summer as I was ordering items for our 2019/2020 school year. I wasn't sure how I was going to use it, but figured if I even read it at lunch we would get something from it. We started the year with a history program that I was super excited to try, but it just didn't seem a good fit for my son. He wasn't remembering anything and honestly had zero interest in this program. Thankfully I had only planned out about 15 weeks, so I figured on our Christmas break I'd figure out a new plan. I looked around for any information to go along with volume one, but didn't really find much. At the back of the book there is an index of using the history flashcards from Veritas Press. At a curriculum store this summer I had run across the  Classical Conversations History Cards-Ancient World and bought then just because I thought my son would enjoy them. Flipping through them it looked like they would go along perfect with volume one, so I decided to move forward using them.


Writing is something we have struggled with and really been working on this year. I decided to maybe try a more structured notebooking page for some of these topics. I did a quick search and immediately found these free pages from The Notebooking Nook. I decided to also look for maybe games, craft ideas or something "extra" in hopes to get my son interested (LOL) I'm only doing the first 8 chapters to see how it goes, but I'll continue if he enjoys it ;)

I've put it in a Google Doc as well as have saved anything relevant into a Pinterest board. Would love to hear of others using this book and what "extras' they added to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...