Tuesday, May 28, 2019

All About Me!

In this day and age of parenting and homeschooling moms don't typically get tons of "me" time. I've been a missing in action lately, so I thought I'd write a fun little post reminding everyone who I am :) My name is Teresa and I've been married to my husband for 23 years in June.  We have three children.  Our oldest is 20, married and in the Army with our second grandchild on the way.  Our middle is 17 and will be graduating next year.  Our youngest just turned 12 and will be going in the 7th grade next year.  We usually are identified by our spouses or children, so that should sum up all about me that you need to know! :) Just kidding.....

I have loved reading for as long as I can remember and more often than not when I have free time you'll find me with a book in my hand.  I enjoy doing crafts and was taught by my grandmother at a young age to knit and do needle point. I've been teaching myself how to crochet over the last few years with the help of YouTube and friends. I really enjoy it, but have found the last several years that I can't do that type of activity for long because my hands start to grow numb :( We homeschool our children, so another passion of mine is reading on the internet about what curriculum other families use, fun projects and pretty much anything to keep my kids from complaining about doing their school :) I'm very active in our local homeschool co-op as well as being on a group to help reach out to those with undiagnosed and rare disease.  I'm a huge Dt. Dr. Pepper and Dt. Cherry Pepsi fan which I know I need to stop, but they are just SO good! I do enjoy a cold coffee especially when it's full of lots of sweet goodies.

Someone asked why I started blogging and I'll tell you it all goes back to the books! I had debated about starting a blog mainly for family and friends that aren't near us to see what we were doing. Then I learned that you could get FREE books just for writing your opinion about them. That hooked me and that's been one of the biggest parts of my blog. I enjoy talking about homeschooling and reviewing products which I'm able to do being part of the Timberdoodle Blog Team.  What's better than free products just for using them and giving my thoughts? :)  Our youngest has some special needs and a rare genetic condition, so the blog gives me a place to reach out to others in similar situations as well.


Here's a recent picture from when I was in Boston to meet with my fellow PEER members. I'm the one in the tropical looking shirt :)

I hope this helps give you a little glimpse into my life and who I am. Feel free to ask questions and I'll be more than happy to answer them!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...