Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Thankful Tuesday 5/8/2018

Today I'm thankful for the progress that I have seen Issac make over the last few years. He has had years of social issues where he wouldn't even speak to those he deemed friends if they didn't start the conversation. We've had anxiety issues pop up within the last few years and that added another dimension to Issac. It used to be and still is sometimes that if he's afraid to do something he just won't do it. He's developed a love for basketball recently and got a goal and new ball for his birthday. Today the ball rolled all the way down into the back. It was deep down into the bushes. I told him he'd have to wait until his dad came home because I wasn't go back in the bushes. He went back there with his shovel and the entire time was saying over and over again that he could do this because this is what explorers do. He then said that if people didn't explore then Indiana Jones wouldn't have found America. Not sure where that came from, but I was extremely shocked and pleased that he pushed forward and went to get the ball. There are still many issues we deal with and tough days, but I'm thankful for these times of progression!


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so proud of your boy and the progress he has made. He is much braver than I am. I would never have gone into the woods alone lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go back there either (LOL) It's funny because I can think of so many issues we are still working on and yet can see so, so many that are better :)

      Delete

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...