Saturday, May 27, 2017

Week Ending 5/27/17

Another week has gone better. I remember when I was younger that all the adults around me talked about how the time would fly by to them. It didn't seem that way to me, but as I've gotten older I've really seen it. I'm still thinking about how we graduated our oldest child last week. Seems like it was just yesterday that he was little and learning so much! 

This week we had a few appointments, so we didn't really do a full week of school.  Our middle child has been working on Geometry from Unlock Math.  She's complaining as she always does with math, but I think it's working well for her. I like that it has different sections for learning the new lesson as well as practice.  They also have a challenge question for extra credit that I think is really cool! I really wish they had lessons for younger children because I'd get the 5th grade for the youngest next year. Hopefully they'll keep adding to the programs they already have :) Issac and I have really been enjoying reading about Milton Hershey from Ywam Publishing.  The story has been very interesting and full of interesting facts about Mr. Hershey.  We've also been enjoying our reading in the Rush Revere Series.  We are currently on the second book, Rush Revere and the First Patriot.  

I've done a little reading and movie watching for myself the last few days.  I'm currently reading Danielle Steel's The Mistress.  Yesterday I finished Blue by Danielle Steel and earlier this week I read Precious Gifts.  Danielle Steel is one of my favorite authors and I've read almost every book she's ever written.  This morning I watched Hidden Figures finally. I've been wanting to watch that movie for a while. It was a great movie and I wasn't disappointed :)

Working on some schoolwork this weekend and preparing for a new week. We have company coming in from out of town at the end of the week, so it will be busy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...