Sunday, November 6, 2016

Book Review: The Raven

This author is new to me, this is only the second book that I've read by him.  I really enjoy his writing so far.  The title really jumped out to me for some reason.  I don't know if it was the Edgar Allan Poe relationship or quite possibly it was the cover of the book.  This cover really stuck with me.  When the book starts we find The Raven being beaten by some Ukranian men because of an item he pickpocketed  from a very influencial man in town.  They are interrupted when Trudi Coffey of the Coffey & Hill Investigations shows up.  She saves The Raven and he falls in love with her instantly.  She warns him that the Ukranian's will come back and suggests that he call her ex-husband, Samuel Hill, for help.  In the meantime Samuel is over visiting Mama Bliss because it in the anniversary of her grandson's death.  He has no idea at the time how intertwined he, Mama Bliss, The Raven and his ex-wives's lives are about to become.  This book is full of mystery, intrigue and history.

** I received this book at no charge for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Roar Like a Lion

Raising kids has always been a hard job, but with technology the way it is now I think most parents would say it's become harder.  We al...